We are committed to protecting and safeguarding your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection act 1998). This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
1. What information do we collect online?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
• information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views).
• information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
• any other information that you choose to send to us.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you make subsequent visits to this website.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
3. Using your online personal data
We may use your personal information to:
• improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
• enable your use of the services available on the website.
• send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
• send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you
• deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
• to the extent that we are required to do so by law.
• in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
• in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
5. Policy amendments
6. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you.
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time.
7. Third party websites
The website might contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
8. Updating information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.